Billboard advertising is one of the most popular forms of advertising, especially in urban areas. The fact that billboards are large, often brightly colored signs in high-traffic areas, they are designed to catch the attention of drivers and pedestrians so as to promote a product, service, or event.
Billboard advertising is a little more expensive than online advertising, and finding a good location for a billboard can be challenging. Here’s why these industries thrive with billboard advertising.
Why do Automobile Dealerships, Autobody and Collision, and Banks/Credit Unions use billboard advertising?
These are the few key reasons why automobile dealerships, autobody and collision repair shops, and banks/credit unions are prime industries for outdoor billboard advertising:
- These businesses tend to be in high-traffic areas, which means potential customers are more likely to see and remember a billboard advertisement for one of these businesses.
- These businesses typically have a higher advertising budget than other businesses, so they can afford to invest in a quality outdoor billboard ad.
- Outdoor billboard advertising can be very effective for these businesses because it can reach many people in a short time.
How these Industries can Capitalize on Billboard Advertising
These are the key things to remember when capitalizing on billboard advertising.
- Choose a billboard that is located in a high traffic area by your target audience. For example, a Bank or Credit Union in the city may buy a billboard space in the city so as to target the business owners and employees. An Automobile dealership may target their audience by having a billboard on the highway.
- Make sure your ad is eye-catching and attention-grabbing. Use bright colors and bold fonts to get people to notice your ad.
- Make sure your ad is relevant to your target audience. If you can target people interested in your products or services, you’re more likely to get their attention and generate leads.
- Take advantage of the different types of signage and be featured in as many as possible. For example, digital billboards in malls, marquees, and smaller roadside advertising rather than billboard advertising on top of taxis, buses and bus stops.
Though these 4 industries can afford to invest in a quality outdoor billboard ad, they must make sure their ad is relevant to their target audience. If you’re looking to get into billboard advertising today, contact us for help getting started!