Ways to use Facebook Pixel in your Website
Maximizing the use of the Facebook Pixel
Maximizing the use of the Facebook Pixel
Are you constantly looking to get the best outcome for your Facebook spends and driving better conversion optimization? If you have a website, you need to know how you can use Facebook pixel! It's the least known marketing tool and yet powerfully effective.
This article shall discuss why Facebook pixels are essential tools and how to maximize their benefits. Ready? Let's get started!
What is Facebook Pixel?
As per the Facebook definition, a pixel is a few code lines that are copied into the header section of your website. This code allows the Pixel to collect information about the actions taken on your site.
When you have a running Facebook advert, you can quickly generate a Facebook pixel. Each advert gets a pixel code that consists of two major parts: the image code and event code. These two parts combine to form the Facebook pixel that will display targeted ads on your page.
Why is it essential to use Facebook Pixels?
- It Can Retarget the Audience;
The Facebook pixel can make it easy and efficient to advertise to interested parties by retargeting to those who have visited your website and shown an interest in your advert. This is because the Pixel is like a cookie, attaching itself to those who visit your website by showing them your advert.
- Allows you to Optimize for Conversions: Facebook pixels will not only track how many people click on each of their ads, but also when people click, how many times these people view the ads, and how many times they perform a subsequent action. This data helps marketers optimize future adverts for conversions by creating adverts that are more effective and responsive to the target audience, improving the conversion rates.
- Create a Lookalike Audience: Facebook Pixel's data allows you to create a lookalike audience of your ideal customer. They are similar by interests and by the demography of past visitors. You can also choose to target lookalike audiences to a custom audience you have already created. This can get your products in front of valuable new eyes.
- Track Conversions: After you've installed the Pixel, you'll need to add event tracking, which will enable you to track conversions on your website. Standard events to track include purchases, add to cart, abandoned cart, page views, subscriptions, and leads. By using event tracking, you can directly link the conversions on your website back to that ad campaign. You can also set up a customized conversion if there's a unique conversion you're interested in tracking.
- Facebook Pixel Also Tracks Multi-Device Conversions; This means that if your target customer saw your advert on his phone and later bought the product from his office computer, this information was captured by the Pixel. People using multiple devices are prevalent now because mobile phones, tablets, laptops, and desktop computers are readily accessible. Your Facebook pixel can capture this movement and help you understand your customer better.
- Facebook Pixel Is Free to set up and easy to install. With Facebook pixel, you lose nothing and have a better ROI from your ads to gain. To get started with the Facebook pixel installation, you must have a business website and be able to update your website's code.
Here's How To Use Facebook Pixel on Your Website.
- On your browser or search engine, go to Facebook Business Manager
- On the Events Manager page, click on ‘Create a New pixel'. Then, enter a name for your new Pixel.
- Click the option for ‘Connect Data Sources' and select ‘Web'
- Select ‘Facebook Pixel ‘and click ‘Connect'
- Add your ‘Pixel Name'
- Enter the website URL for setup status and click ‘Continue' You now have the Pixel. To fix it into your website do the following
- Select ‘Install Pixel'
- Choose between ‘Partner Platform Integration', ‘Manually Install Pixel Code' and ‘Email Instructions'The Partner integration is for websites like WiX, Shopify, and Squarespace that have an arrangement with Facebook to make this process easier.If you built your website up, you can choose the Manual Installation, which guides you on adding the pixel code. For those a non-admin person of the website, there is the option to have the instructions emailed to you.
- Enable Automatic Advanced Matching. Choose yes to enable this feature which automatically matches the information given on your website (like names, emails, phone numbers) with a profile on Facebook. This allows Facebook to be more accurate in its tracking and its customizable of what information to track.
- Test if your Pixel is working by putting in ‘Send Test Traffic' into your website's URL in the textbox. It would be best if you got a confirmation that the Pixel is now active on your website. If not, try the process again with a different position on your website,
Once your Pixel is working correctly, choose what you want it to measure as an ‘event.' These are actions that people make on your website, like conversions to sales. To set it up on the Event Creator page, do the following:
Now that Facebook Pixel is up and running on your website, you can use Facebook Business Manager to create custom audiences and conversions based on information provided by your Pixel.
To do this;
- Visit the Settings page of your Pixel.
- Choose whether you want to create a custom audience or conversion and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once you've selected the data you'd like to track, add the Facebook Pixel Helper extension to Google Chrome and load your webpage.
In conclusion, Facebook pixels are an excellent tool for tracking your Facebook advertising efforts because they are much more customizable than anything else you could use. You can create a Facebook pixel put on the right side of your ads or your website. You can track your audience and your conversions and compare your results from different ad placements. The best thing about this is that you are not tied to one ad network or program. You can run multiple ads through Facebook with the same tracking and optimization tools.
Leave A Comment