A vision statement is a memorable and inspiring sentence that outlines an organization’s purpose for where it wants to be in the future.
If you’re a business owner, then you know that having a clear vision is key to success. But what is a business vision statement, and why is it important? In this post, we’ll discuss some of the benefits of creating one and also provide tips for creating your own statement. So, if you’re looking to create a roadmap for your business in 2022, keep reading!
What Should a Vision Statement Consist of?
- It should be simple and easily understood
- It should be short with 2 sentences at most
- It should be ambitious enough to be exciting
- It should align to the company values
- It needs to be specific to your business goals
Ways To Create Your Business Vision.
Creating a vision may appear to be overwhelming since it takes time and thought. It gives your organization the support needed to accomplish its objectives. Here are some of the steps you need to create your business vision:
- It Should Be Output Focused on The Output of Your Business
Consider the results that your business produces through its products. For example, a luxury car dealership provides cars to transport their clients in style.
- Identify How Your Business Uniquely Provides That Output
This unique twist if what makes your business stand out from others in the market. For example, an organic restaurant serves healthy means cooked with locally sources and certified organic produce.
- Quantify with Big Results.
Now envision how many people you will want to have served in 5 or 10 years from now. You can also consider how many products you will want to have sold in a time frame or how those products will influence people.
- Add Some Human Aspect to The Vision Statement
This is what makes a vision statement endearing and memorable. Example, a bakery might say they want to bring a smile to every customer’s face.
Here’s an example of a good vision statement using the structure given:
Producing and selling locally sourced cakes and pies that are so delicious and satisfying, that every customer who leaves our store does so with a smile.
Tips To Improving Your Current Business Vision Statement:
1. Reflect on why your business exists and make sure the vision still speaks to that.
2. Have a collective meeting with your staff or team and write everyone’s ideas down.
3. Identify how the customer fits in and their experience with the business
Take time to revise or create a new vision statement for your business this year!